Winterbackwoods makes investments up to € 50,000. The first investment is usually about half of the total investment. The company invests in Finnish startups. A start-up company usually has a finished product as well as a bunch of customers.
Typical industries include SaaS and B2B services, eCommerce, and other subscription-based services.
The product should have a neutral or positive effect on some of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Our investment philosophy focuses on the bolded areas, but SaaS-products and software solutions on other areas could qualify as well.
- (1) No Poverty,
- (2) Zero Hunger,
- (3) Good Health and Well-being,
- (4) Quality Education,
- (5) Gender Equality,
- (6) Clean Water and Sanitation,
- (7) Affordable and Clean Energy,
- (8) Decent Work and Economic Growth,
- (9) Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure,
- (10) Reducing Inequality,
- (11) Sustainable Cities and Communities,
- (12) Responsible Consumption and Production,
- (16) Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions,
- (17) Partnerships for the Goals.
Sweat-equity and help for “startupping”
In addition to direct financial investments, we help startups and SMEs in selected development areas in the early stages of their business. Strategy, productization and online sales, and digital marketing are our strongest skills. Of the industries, we best understand the SaaS business, service sales, e-commerce, and hosting business.